Solar Cooking

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
      If anyone tries some solar cooking, let us know how it turns out.

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
        I cook my lunch most of the summer in my solar cookers. I eat my main
        meal of the day then, so I do cook meat, potatoes and veggies quite
        commonly. I do mixed dishes as well, but any recipe designed for a slow
        cooker/crock pot works well for solar cooking. I even bake bread in my
        solar cooker.

        Bright Blessings,
        Kim

      • lhu@lharchitects.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2003
          Dear Kim:

          Did you purchase the oven or made it yourself? I am
          experimenting with making an oven and would appreciate pointers.

          Thanks,
          Lunce

          >I cook my lunch most of the summer in my solar cookers. I
          eat my main
          >meal of the day then, so I do cook meat, potatoes and veggies
          quite
          >commonly. I do mixed dishes as well, but any recipe designed
          for a slow
          >cooker/crock pot works well for solar cooking. I even bake
          bread in my
          >solar cooker.
          >
          >Bright Blessings,
          >Kim
          >
          >Mike Ewert wrote:
          >
          >> If anyone tries some solar cooking, let us know how it
          turns out.

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Kim & Garth Travis
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 3, 2003
            Hi,
            I made my own. I use funnel cookers which can be made in about an hour.
            I have tracked down the 2 quart Bell canning jars which give you a
            much bigger cooking space. My big thing is keeping them in place in the
            wind, which I have daily at my place. I made mine about 3 years ago,
            but if you want, I can probably find the web site I made them from.
            Bright Blessings,
            Kim

            lhu@... wrote:

            > Dear Kim:
            >
            > Did you purchase the oven or made it yourself? I am
            > experimenting with making an oven and would appreciate pointers.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Lunce

          • deviant
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2003
              http://www.solarcooking.org

              I also enjoyed making and using the funnel cooker (look under Plans
              for Panel style cookers). However, the cooker I use the most these
              days is the Sun Oven.

              -Greg