Pondering career options

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2003
      After 4-1/2 years of working for the same company & feeling secure
      enough to buy a house, I find myself layed off & looking for work.

      After 24 years of Drafting & Mechanical Design I have come to certain
      conclusions:
      First, I have spent almost all that time dependant on the oil
      industry here in Texas, and
      Second, I am tired of being part of the oil industry.

      For many years now I have wished I could work in an industry that
      creates & promotes solutions instead of creating and promoting
      pollution.

      On an amateur basis I have spent some time learning about sustainable
      living and alternative technologies, however I don't have enough
      education to make a radical change of careers. Just 2 months ago I
      bought this house, so I am now hesitant to try to leave Houston.

      If anyone has any leads about employment opportunities in Houston in
      technologies divorced from the petro-chem industries or helping the
      human race move away from oil dependance, I would appreciate a
      private email informing me of such.

      I've been a member the HREG yahoo group for a couple of years, but
      you haven't heard from me lately as I don't turn on my home computer
      every single day and concentrate on a more narrow agenda.

      Thanks for any info available.

      Randy Scott
      rscott77070@...
      randyscott1@...