Re: [hreg] Grid revisions

  • John Miggins
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 18, 2003
      Good point, I wonder who owns the transmission grid?  Is it not private enterprise, the utilities although regulated they are a for profit enterprises that should have to maintain their own "Assets".  I would look for the usual political hay about this to get some porkbarrel projects put through or drilling in Alaska.  Only by having truly localized and distributed power will we ever be free.  this not need be a large system, in fact a homeowner in NY could invest a few hundred dollars in batteries and a charger and inverter that is charged by the grid but there when it goes down for key circuits like lighting, refrig. etc...

      This could be coupled with solar panels if wanted but not necessary.    Just a thought.

      I have a similiar system the Solar Harvester that is portable and quite good.

      Good discussion.

      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar and Wind Power
      1571 East 22 Place