Wow! The NEW Prius mid-size Type III coming out in Oct 2003

  • chasmauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 18, 2003

      Anyone thinking about buying a new car should seriously consider this amazing new Toyota hybrid. It should have a real impact on our rather dire energy situation and will leave the competitors in the dust. And for $19,995? Amazing. Didn't know you could buy much car for that kind of money these days. Check it out.

      www.toyota.com/newprius

      Charlie

      "The primary technical difference between Hybrid Synergy Drive® and the Toyota Hybrid System is a voltage converter that increases the overall voltage of the battery, offering higher efficiency and more power with a smaller, more durable battery. The engine itself runs at a higher maximum rpm, generating more horsepower. As a result, Prius achieves
      higher fuel economy and better acceleration than any previous hybrid."

       http://www.toyota.com/prius/minisite/html/printable.html

    • Leo Waltz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 18, 2003
        And for those that might want to buy a used car, I have seen discussions on the Prius groups from current owners putting their models up for sale to buy the new one. I have a 2002 model; never had a problem, but the change to a 4 dr liftback from the 4 dr sedan looks good to me. I may sell my 2002 Prius for the new one.