Re: ASES Solar Home Tour Oct. 4th (two months away!!!)

  • dlagrone
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2003
      Hi Lisa,

      ASES would promote the tour on their website but I agree that the bulk of
      the marketing exposure would come from local efforts. Based on your past
      Dallas experiences, I would say that whatever the group did in past years
      worked pretty well with several hundred visitors produced. Other efforts
      could include;

      1. Grass roots NTREG promotion; members tell family and friends; posters in
      area businesses, etc.
      2. Public service announcements on local Radio - possible TV coverage
      3. Flyers distributed at the Roundup in September
      4. Postings in Dallas area general interest and real estate newsgroups
      5. RE dealers and or "energy efficient builders" - there is at least one in
      Dallas - could help spread the word.

      Will you have a "Home Show" in the Dallas area prior to the event? If so,
      you might be able to pass out flyers. Home Depot and Lowes purport to be
      interested in "home energy savings" - you might distribute flyers at various
      locations.

      I am talking with folks in Austin, San Antonio and Amarillo and will share
      any ideas that develop. It would be great for us to make a strong showing
      in TX this year.