HREG meeting minutes and presentation

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2003
      We had a good HREG meeting today with over a dozen in attendance, including several new faces.  It was great to see all of you who made it.  These minutes will be short since James was not there today.  For those who did not make the meeting, you're in luck because our speaker provided this copy of his talking notes on Solar Water Heaters.

      HREG Meeting Minutes 7/27/03

      Mike made a few announcements and passed out bookmarks for the Renewable Energy Roundup in the fall (www.renewableenergyroundup.com).  If anyone is willing to help with PR for this event (like distributing posters,etc.), please let Mike Ewert or John Gardner know.  It was mentioned that it would be nice to have a tour of solar homes in Houston.  Perhaps we should make that a goal for 2004 or 2005.  Then we moved on to our main topic: Solar Water Heaters.

      John Miggins, a dealer of solar water and electric systems in Oklahoma, explained the different types of solar hot water systems and the 4 basic components (See the attached notes for details).  He is planning to open a new store in League City soon.  John had some collector cut aways to show and, in general, provided an entertaining as well as informative talk.  At the end of the meeting on the way out, we checked out a small demonstration system that Chris and Mike put together using a 3 sq.ft. flat plate collector and a PV powered pump.  We can use this system at public displays such as the KRBE Earth Day this year.  Unfortunately we did not get any photos of that Earth day (but there are a few pictures from the CEC event on our website).

      Many thanks once again to
      John Miggins
      Harvest Solar and Wind Power
      1571 East 22 Place