Re: [hreg] Solar Cell Technology

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 18, 2003
      Rick,
      Electricity cost data came from EIA-DOE.
      Solar cell data came from a book "Wind and Solar Power Systems" by Mukund Patel (1999) with most recent cost data taken from solar cell distributor web sites.
      I do not have wind cost history yet.  Wind price now is about $1000/kW, competitive with combustion plants.  Wind price goal set forth by manufacturers is $500/kW by 2010 (I was told this by a wind manufacturer at a trade show).
      -Chris
      Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2003 7:41 AM
      Subject: RE: [hreg] Solar Cell Technology

      Chris,

      Can you share the source of your data?  Also, do you have similar price curves for other RE
      technologies?

      Rick