Kucinich on Energy

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10 9:32 AM
      http://www.kucinich.us/issues/issue_energy.htm

      "Thanks to advances in renewables, there are fewer technical
      obstacles to energy independence for our country. There are many
      political obstacles -- but the oil, auto and electric utility
      corporations won't be directing energy policy in a Kucinich White
      House. I will spur research and investment in "alternative" energy
      sources -- hydrogen, solar, wind and ocean -- and make them
      mainstream. Clean energy technologies will produce new jobs. We can
      easily double our energy from renewable sources by 2010. And we can
      soon have hybrid and fuel cell cars dominating the market. When I was
      Mayor of Cleveland, I defended public ownership of utilities; when
      I'm President, I will expand it.

      As a peace advocate, I will launch a major renewables effort because
      then Middle East oil fields will not loom so large as strategic or
      military targets. As an environmentalist, my view is always holistic
      and global: a Kucinich Administration will launch a "Global Green
      Deal" -- a major initiative to use our country's leadership in
      sustainable energy production to provide jobs to Americans, to reduce
      energy use here at home, and to partner with developing nations to
      provide their people with inexpensive, local renewable energy
      technologies. As a citizen of Planet Earth, I want this project for
      the same reason I will sign the Kyoto climate change treaty --
      because we need it for our children and our grandchildren."

      * * * * *

      Randy Scott
      "What would Dennis do?"