Money from Earth Day

  • chasmauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2003
      Dear HREGers,

      Would you believe - we didn't win 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place this year but they sent us a check for $250 anyway! The winners were:

      1st place:  Friends of Texas Wildlife - $500 (2nd year in a row!)
      2nd place: Clean Water Action - $250
      3rd place: Texas Wildlife Rehabilitation - $150

      The enclosed letter said (in part) "in appreciation for your group's participation, 104 KRBE will donate $250 to the Houston Renewable Energy Group" and there was a check enclosed.

      It wasn't clear what that was all about (I thought it might be a mistake) so I called their PR guy and he said that they sent a $250 check to every 501c3 group that participated this year. Not bad, eh?

      They also enclosed a form W-9 (request for taxpayer ID number and certification) which I need to fill out and send back. Do we have a TIN or Employer ID Number (EIN)? Mike, you and I need to discuss this - could you call me at 713-524-2492?

      Shall I go ahead and try to cash this check? I remember having problems with the bank last time because it was made out to HREG and we did not have an account at the bank or a DBA, as I recall. This time it is made out to Houston Renewable Energy Group c/o Charles Mauch so I think they should cash it OK and I can deposit the money in my account and then send a check to Kathryn. Or how did we do it last time? I have forgotten. We need to discuss.

      Congratulations and a big "thank you" to everyone who worked on the KRBE - Green Mountain Earth Day event. You made our budget for the year!

      Charlie

      PS And speaking of Green Mountain - I have not forgotten that I was to write up something on that but am still working on it.  CM