RE: [hreg] And speaking of Green Mountain...

  • Randy Scott
    Message 1 of 11 , May 15, 2003

      Since the topic of this group is “renewable energy” then it seems to me like a worthwhile use of bandwidth.

      I’m a member of another yahoo group which is effectively a fan club for the folk singer Loreena McKennitt. One time, a few years ago, she got online with us & answered all our silly questions. The questions & answers were then compiled into an FAQ file that is posted in the files section of our yahoo group page.

      Since GME’s “stated” purpose is to provide and promote renewable energy, I would think that any answers Mr. KillKelley gives might be interesting to all or most members here. Granted, I suspect that most of it will be “sales pitch”, but some of it might be enlightening. For example, I would like to ask him why my price per KwH just went up.

      Randy Scott

      Message 2 of 11 , May 15, 2003
        Charlie

        Please include me on your responses from GME.
        My email is: rocketman1@...

        Thanks

        Steven

        Care2 make the world greener!
        Meet 30,000 Eco-Friendly Individuals:
        http://www.Care2.com/connect/
      • Roxanne Boyer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 15, 2003
          We also use GM as our electric provider.  I think that it makes a statement that people are willing to pay more for clean, secure, renewable energy - even if the mechanism is not perfect.  As a company, we have found the GM service representatives to be disorganized and sometimes inept, this may be due in part because the company is relatively new - I expect they will improve with experience.

          I would be interested in what Mr. Killkelly has to say.  I read the statements on the "boycott GM" web page and found most of them silly.

          Maybe a good discussion during our next meeting would be, "What is renewable energy?"  Does it include turbines powered by landfill gas?  Does it include hydroelectric dams?  Does it include waste incinerators?

          Is it bad for big oil companies to get involved in renewable energy?  I have heard that the CEO of BP has made statements and decisions in favor of renewable energy at the expense of immediate profit that could cause the shareholders to hang him on a rope.  I have heard similar pushes for renewable energy for the Shell executives.  (Exxon, unfortunately, is a different story).  I'm behind moving the big energy companies into the renewable sector.  They may be the only organizations that have the resources to transition the world to a renewable economy.

          -Chris

          Message 4 of 11 , May 16, 2003
            Charlie,

            Please include me in this list. I am very interested in what GM has to say.

            Thank you
            Michael Christie