Earth Day April 19th

  • Roxanne Boyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 4, 2003
      The Houston Earth Day 2003 is Saturday, April 19th at the Rice University
      Campus. For all those thinking about attending, check out the WEB site
      www.houstonearthday.org for information and instructions how to get there.
      I'm sending out a tentative schedule for manning our booth via e-mail to
      those that volunteered. We need one more volunteer. If you would like to
      help out, send me an e-mail soon. -Chris Boyer

      Below are some quotes from the WEB site:
      "A day of education, celebration, and action, Houston Earth Day 2003 is
      designed to bring the local community together to encourage understanding of
      and participation in local and global environmental issues. And since no one
      should be excluded from celebrating Earth Day, parking and admission are
      free to the public....

      Performers include:
      Alex Cullen - Rice singer/songwriter
      Dodd Michael Lede - Houston-based rock singer/songwriter
      Erin Hobson - Singer/songwriter from California.
      Eden Automatic - Rock/alternative group from Austin.
      Hellenic Folk Dancing Group of Houston - Traditional Greek dances
      Peace Train - Houston-based 60's folk/rock.
      Rice Philharmonics - Fun and funky a cappella
      Rice Slam Poetry - Performance poetry
      Secret Agent 8 - 9-piece Houston ska band
      Sirrom Caravan - Middle Eastern dance troupe
      Smythe and Taylor - Bluegrass duo from Houston
      Vagabondage - Improvisational comedy"

      Houston Earth Day will be held south of the stadium at Rice University.
      Since the event will be held outside, don't forget your sunscreen! In case
      of rain, look for us inside the stadium. Rice University, 6100 South Main
      St., Houston, TX 77005."

      [Scanned by AwesomeNet Anti-Virus]
    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2003
        Thanks for the announcement and for helping organize Chris.  Sorry for my mistake on the date.

        Another thing I noted on the website was:
        Houston Earth Day will also be collecting old eye glasses, batteries, cell phones, inkjet cartridges, and computers (no monitors or printers, please) for local reuse and recycling programs. So bring them to the festival and help out your community.

        I hope to see many HREGers there!

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2003

          I can help out at the Rice celebration too. Just let me know,

          elianne loya