Re: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements

  • C.C. Foster
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 3, 2003
      RE: GADGETS

      I will bring my solar powered radio controlled car. It is about 12 inches
      long. The youngsters really get a kick out of driving it around. I hope to
      bring it back with me.

      Claude

      >From: chasmauch@...
      >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements
      >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:24:53 EST
      >
      >Just got this email from CEC. Our registration form has been sent in, along
      >with our fees (thanks, Kathryn).
      >It will be 10am to 6pm Saturday, April 19th at Rice. Hope everyone will
      >mark
      >the day and try to make it. Lots of interesting things to see.
      >Can you help at the booth for 3 or 4 hours (or all day)? Ideas for
      >exhibits?
      >Have any kind of toy or gadget based on solar or other forms of renewable
      >energy you can loan for our booth? The treasury is getting low - we need to
      >win another prize!
      >Charlie
      ><< message5.txt >>

    • C.C. Foster
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2003
        RE: GADGETS

        I will bring my solar powered radio controlled car. It is about 12 inches
        long. The youngsters really get a kick out of driving it around. I hope to
        bring it back with me.

        Claude

        >From: chasmauch@...
        >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements
        >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:24:53 EST
        >
        >Just got this email from CEC. Our registration form has been sent in, along
        >with our fees (thanks, Kathryn).
        >It will be 10am to 6pm Saturday, April 19th at Rice. Hope everyone will
        >mark
        >the day and try to make it. Lots of interesting things to see.
        >Can you help at the booth for 3 or 4 hours (or all day)? Ideas for
        >exhibits?
        >Have any kind of toy or gadget based on solar or other forms of renewable
        >energy you can loan for our booth? The treasury is getting low - we need to
        >win another prize!
        >Charlie
        ><< message5.txt >>

      • Ryan McMullan
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
          Hello all,

          I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store power
          during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
          flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?

          Ryan

          --------------------------
          Ryan McMullan
          Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
          Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
          Rice University
          http://www.rice.edu/recycle
          recycle@...
          (713) 348-5272
        • Randy Scott
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
            How many batteries can you pack in your garage?

            Randy Scott
            Drafting/Mech Design
            Fire & Safety Int'l
            Houston Tx

            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
              At 02:55 PM 3/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:
              > Hello all,
              >
              > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store power
              >during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
              >flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?

              Have done it in the past.
              feasiblity depends, mainly on height of flag.
              short poles, 12' to 18', are easiest.

              technolgy available as parts, no 'flag pole light kits' that I know of.

              >Ryan
              >
              >--------------------------
              >Ryan McMullan
              >Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
              >Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
              >Rice University
              >http://www.rice.edu/recycle
              >recycle@...
              >(713) 348-5272

            • Kevin L. Conlin
              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
                This is a difficult application because the flag is usually a good distance
                from the ground, and requires either a powerful light, or mounting the
                light(s) high on the pole. The powerful light doesn't work well with solar.
                If you design the system to work in the summer only it will be reasonable,
                but year round requires a lot of solar and batteries, at least in the Gulf
                Coast.

                > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                power
                > during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                > flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                >
                > Ryan
                >
                > --------------------------
                > Ryan McMullan
                > Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                > Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                > Rice University
                > http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                > recycle@...
                > (713) 348-5272

              • Steven Shepard
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
                  We offer two LED fixtures which can be solar powered and used for this type
                  of application. Attached is an image of the fixtures. You can find more
                  information about these products on our web site.

                  SBT Designs
                  8924 Saddle Trail
                  San Antonio, Texas 78255
                  210-698-7109
                  FAX: 210-698-7147
                  www.sbtdesigns.com
                  > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                  power
                  > during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                  > flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                  >
                  > Ryan
                  >
                  > --------------------------
                  > Ryan McMullan
                  > Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                  > Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                  > Rice University
                  > http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                  > recycle@...
                  > (713) 348-5272

                • C.C. Foster
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
                    We think this project is credble. Please call us at your convenience.

                    Claude Foster
                    281-236-3579

                    >From: Ryan McMullan <mcmullan@...>
                    >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: [hreg] Solar-powered flood light
                    >Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:55:11 -0600
                    >
                    > Hello all,
                    >
                    > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                    >power
                    >during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                    >flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                    >
                    >Ryan
                    >
                    >--------------------------
                    >Ryan McMullan
                    >Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                    >Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                    >Rice University
                    >http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                    >recycle@...
                    >(713) 348-5272

                  • Steven Shepard
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
                      Your message was broadcast to the group at large.

                      Who are you addressing?

                      SBT Designs
                      8924 Saddle Trail
                      San Antonio, Texas 78255