RE: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements

  • Nubia Perez
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 28, 2003
      i also have a hand-made solar powered double A battery charger.

      --- message from "Randy Scott" <cad1@...> attached:

      Support fair trade with every email! Sign up for free email you@...--->
      http://mail.ifairtrade.net

      Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@... w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag
    • C.C. Foster
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 3, 2003
        RE: GADGETS

        I will bring my solar powered radio controlled car. It is about 12 inches
        long. The youngsters really get a kick out of driving it around. I hope to
        bring it back with me.

        Claude

        >From: chasmauch@...
        >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements
        >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:24:53 EST
        >
        >Just got this email from CEC. Our registration form has been sent in, along
        >with our fees (thanks, Kathryn).
        >It will be 10am to 6pm Saturday, April 19th at Rice. Hope everyone will
        >mark
        >the day and try to make it. Lots of interesting things to see.
        >Can you help at the booth for 3 or 4 hours (or all day)? Ideas for
        >exhibits?
        >Have any kind of toy or gadget based on solar or other forms of renewable
        >energy you can loan for our booth? The treasury is getting low - we need to
        >win another prize!
        >Charlie
        ><< message5.txt >>

      • C.C. Foster
        Message 3 of 13 , Mar 3, 2003
          RE: GADGETS

          I will bring my solar powered radio controlled car. It is about 12 inches
          long. The youngsters really get a kick out of driving it around. I hope to
          bring it back with me.

          Claude

          >From: chasmauch@...
          >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [hreg] Fwd: Houston Earth Day Announcements
          >Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 14:24:53 EST
          >
          >Just got this email from CEC. Our registration form has been sent in, along
          >with our fees (thanks, Kathryn).
          >It will be 10am to 6pm Saturday, April 19th at Rice. Hope everyone will
          >mark
          >the day and try to make it. Lots of interesting things to see.
          >Can you help at the booth for 3 or 4 hours (or all day)? Ideas for
          >exhibits?
          >Have any kind of toy or gadget based on solar or other forms of renewable
          >energy you can loan for our booth? The treasury is getting low - we need to
          >win another prize!
          >Charlie
          ><< message5.txt >>

        • Ryan McMullan
          Message 4 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
            Hello all,

            I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store power
            during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
            flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?

            Ryan

            --------------------------
            Ryan McMullan
            Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
            Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
            Rice University
            http://www.rice.edu/recycle
            recycle@...
            (713) 348-5272
          • Randy Scott
            Message 5 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
              How many batteries can you pack in your garage?

              Randy Scott
              Drafting/Mech Design
              Fire & Safety Int'l
              Houston Tx

              Message 6 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
                At 02:55 PM 3/11/2003 -0600, you wrote:
                > Hello all,
                >
                > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store power
                >during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                >flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?

                Have done it in the past.
                feasiblity depends, mainly on height of flag.
                short poles, 12' to 18', are easiest.

                technolgy available as parts, no 'flag pole light kits' that I know of.

                >Ryan
                >
                >--------------------------
                >Ryan McMullan
                >Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                >Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                >Rice University
                >http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                >recycle@...
                >(713) 348-5272

              • Kevin L. Conlin
                Message 7 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
                  This is a difficult application because the flag is usually a good distance
                  from the ground, and requires either a powerful light, or mounting the
                  light(s) high on the pole. The powerful light doesn't work well with solar.
                  If you design the system to work in the summer only it will be reasonable,
                  but year round requires a lot of solar and batteries, at least in the Gulf
                  Coast.

                  > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                  power
                  > during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                  > flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                  >
                  > Ryan
                  >
                  > --------------------------
                  > Ryan McMullan
                  > Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                  > Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                  > Rice University
                  > http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                  > recycle@...
                  > (713) 348-5272

                • Steven Shepard
                  Message 8 of 13 , Mar 11, 2003
                    We offer two LED fixtures which can be solar powered and used for this type
                    of application. Attached is an image of the fixtures. You can find more
                    information about these products on our web site.

                    SBT Designs
                    8924 Saddle Trail
                    San Antonio, Texas 78255
                    210-698-7109
                    FAX: 210-698-7147
                    www.sbtdesigns.com
                    > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                    power
                    > during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                    > flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                    >
                    > Ryan
                    >
                    > --------------------------
                    > Ryan McMullan
                    > Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                    > Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                    > Rice University
                    > http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                    > recycle@...
                    > (713) 348-5272

                  • C.C. Foster
                    Message 9 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
                      We think this project is credble. Please call us at your convenience.

                      Claude Foster
                      281-236-3579

                      >From: Ryan McMullan <mcmullan@...>
                      >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: [hreg] Solar-powered flood light
                      >Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 14:55:11 -0600
                      >
                      > Hello all,
                      >
                      > I'm looking for a solar-powered flood light that would store
                      >power
                      >during the day and project enough light to illuminate a flag atop a
                      >flagpole at night. Is this feasible? Is this available?
                      >
                      >Ryan
                      >
                      >--------------------------
                      >Ryan McMullan
                      >Grounds Supervisor, Special Services
                      >Recycling, Waste Collection, and Moving
                      >Rice University
                      >http://www.rice.edu/recycle
                      >recycle@...
                      >(713) 348-5272

                    • Steven Shepard
                      Message 10 of 13 , Mar 13, 2003
                        Your message was broadcast to the group at large.

                        Who are you addressing?

                        SBT Designs
                        8924 Saddle Trail
                        San Antonio, Texas 78255