Volunteer PV installation

  • Kathryn Houser
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2000
      Please share with anyone in your organization who might be willing to help in Austin.

      We may have been rained out that last weekend, but TXSES volunteers just persevere.  The dirty work is already done!  Thanks to Andrew McCalla, his crew, and volunteer of the year, Roland Huettel, the 60 tires were located, hauled to Andrew's house for being fit with the plastic wood pieces, then delivered to the Church and moved to the roof!  John Boone and Leslie Libby, with some assistance from Austin Energy (at least vehicles), have now moved all the panels onto the roof.

      Now its time for the fun part!  Here's where all you volunteers who really wanted to learn about professional PV installations can help out.  We have scheduled 2 days next week when John will need help for the DC part of the installation on the roof of the Day Care Center.  Please participate!

      Thurs, April 20th & Sat., April 22nd  A great EarthDay activity!

      Please let me know via return e-mail when you can help.  Thanks!
      Kathryn