Energy Efficiency

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 7, 2003
      I think we should promote energy efficiency and conservation heavily at our
      earth day activities since these are the things people can do now to make
      the most difference. There is a good website at http:\\energystar.gov

      Perhaps we could get some business cards printed that have HREG on one side
      and a few good websites like this on the other.
    • maryellenkavan <me161860@netscape.net>
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2003
        Another great site is www.DistributedPowerSolutions.com there they
        have various calculators, news, message boards all available for free.
        One calculator analyzes your system costs from ten basic imputs you
        select, like the city you live in, how much you pay per kWh, etc.
        There is also a lightbulb calculator that will calculate the amount
        of money one would save if they switched to energy saving bulbs. Most
        people do not realize that they can save a hundred or more dollars a
        year by changing to a different type of bulb. I have never understood
        why the manufacturers always went for the longer lasting aspect of the
        bulbs versus the energy conscious.