Grupo Fenix

  • Nubia Perez
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2003
      Hello HREG...

      I have some exciting news to share!

      I have just finished a Solar Energy Workshop in Nicaragua with this great organization called Grupo Fenix (www.grupofenix.org). Six of us from the States came down to collaborate with this Nicaraguen-based group to implement and promote solar energy projects in rural communities. In the 2 weeks we were here, we installed a solar panel at a church, helped build solar cookers, learned about the theory about photovoltaics and how solar cells and modules work, had a workshop on hydro-electricity, and we even made our own personalized solar-powered battery chargers!
      They offer the program in January and in August. The exciting part is that it is completely grassroots, sustainable, and it��s growing!
      You should check it out.

      Hopefully I will be at the next HREG meeting, so maybe I can take pictures... or if anyone is interested I can e-mail them to you.

      Thank you,

      Nubia

      Support fair trade with every email! Sign up for free email you@...--->
      http://mail.ifairtrade.net

      Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@... w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag
    • Mike Ewert
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2003
        That's great! I hope that you will be able to make it to the meeting and
        share your experiences.

[...]

      • Robert Bruce Warburton
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2003
          Has anyone thought about utilizing the geothermal potential of Central America? I have heard that Guatemala has a lot of volcanic activity.