Welcome to HREG

  • jclem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12 6:21 AM
      Louie,

      Later today you should be receiving an e-mail invite to join the HREG egroups message list (www.egroups.com). The egroups message is pre-recorded, with a few words from our acting president, Mike Ewert. Welcome.

      (HREG: Louie has been involved with the Rocky Mountain Institute, SEI, and Florida's Solar Learning Center. He is knowledgable about the Hypercar, so I sent him a copy of the Reflector, which highlighted the next generation car.)

      I am delighted to have met you, an enthusiastic and knowledgable advocate for renewable energy and sustainability. Last night's Dallas Light Rail Story at the CEC was well attended. The Sierra Club and its sprawl/transportation campaign in Houston were given a healthy boost and heads-up to the activities involved in the incorporation of a light rail system.

      The Houston Renewable Energy Group is ramping up to a busy year. Earth Day events this month, a membership drive, and preparation for the Renewable Energy Roundup in Fredericksburg in the Fall. Our meetings are on the last Sunday of the month at TSU 2pm in the Technology Building - odd months (full meeting) and even months (working meetings). We hope to have Leonard Bachman, a renowned passive solar expert, at our May meeting. Our April meeting will involve Roundup planning and membership discussions.

      Please check out the Texas Solar Energy Society website at www.txses.org. See you around.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
      (281) 335-1155