RE: [hreg] Fwd: Support Local Innovation!

  • Robert Johnston
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2002
      I opened the file no problem and Norton Antivirus raised no flags. It
      is a brief article about a company that is doing projects in ocean wave
      energy. I'm not sure what's new about it, as the brief article doesn't
      say, and ocean wave technologies have been researched for a long long
      time. Presumably they have a new twist on it, or maybe they are just a
      group trying to bring together technology partners and local community
      groups. I don't know.

      Maybe Jonathon Clemens can shed some additional light on the subject,
      since presumably he had a good reason for forwarding the note.

      Robert Johnston

    • jclem412@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 6, 2002
        Hi, Diane Clemens here, and I forward the e-mail to HREG because it is a
        fascinating chapter in alternative, and possibly renewable energy. I
        received this e-mail from K. Baril, lawyer, and friend, whot is also working
        for coop networks through Washington State University (as noted) here in Port
        Hadlock on the Olympic Peninsula (where the first system is being installed
        on the WA. coast). We also work for peace. The state's Extension Office and
        Office of Energy is here in Port Hadlock (just down the road from where we
        live). As you see, our Peninsula and interests in energy are not provincial
        but international, and thought Houston would like to know. Happy Holidays to
        Y'all. DC