WindBuilder

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
      It has always amazed me how non-profits expect you to throw money at them
      but this is one of the more interesting angles I have seen.

      NativeEnergy's WindBuilders program offers the public a chance to
      meaningfully offset their global warming emissions - while driving
      construction of new wind turbines. By purchasing a WindBuilders one year
      membership, you can choose to keep six, eight, or twelve tons of carbon
      dioxide, the main greenhouse gas, out of the atmosphere. You can use your
      WindBuilders membership to offset home energy use, the emissions from your
      car, etc. Plus, you'll be supporting the construction of new wind turbines
      owned and operated by small farmers and Native Americans.

      I guess I am too skeptical and I would make them prove that last point
      before I would ever send them a dime. For you more generous
      environmentalists out there you can become a WindBuilder by signing up at
      www.nativeenergy.com/coop or calling 800-924-6826.

      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109
      FAX: 210-698-7147
      www.sbtdesigns.com
    • Robert Johnston
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 17, 2002
        Why not just buy stock in a utility company with a renewable energy
        component? Or maybe a windmill equipment manufacturer?

        Robert

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Steven Shepard
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 18, 2002