Re: [hreg] Fw: Virus

  • tigger@io.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
      I hate to say it, but this is a hoax. It's been floating around for a couple
      of years. The file in question is *supposed to be there*. It's a
      Java-related file. It's not that big of a deal if you have deleted it,
      although you may have some trouble with Java apps. If you're having a
      problem, check Microsoft's website for information on how to restore that
      file.

      On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Jim Akkerman wrote:

      > Hey,
      > This could be a real problem. I followed Steve's instructions listed below
      > and found the virus just as he described ... and deleted it. I thought my
      > system was protected by Norton. Norton checks every outgoing message
      > automatically ... but apparently they aren't "up to speed" on this one yet.
      >
      > Looking forward ... and up,
      > Jim

      Never ascribe to malice what can be perfectly
      well be explained by stupidity. -- Anonymous