Fw: Virus

  • Jim Akkerman
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
      Hey,
      This could be a real problem. I followed Steve's instructions listed below
      and found the virus just as he described ... and deleted it. I thought my
      system was protected by Norton. Norton checks every outgoing message
      automatically ... but apparently they aren't "up to speed" on this one yet.

      Looking forward ... and up,
      Jim

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
        McAfee says that this is a hoax virus. See the following:
        http://vil.mcafee.com/dispVirus.asp?virus_k=99436

        Terry

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
          I hate to say it, but this is a hoax. It's been floating around for a couple
          of years. The file in question is *supposed to be there*. It's a
          Java-related file. It's not that big of a deal if you have deleted it,
          although you may have some trouble with Java apps. If you're having a
          problem, check Microsoft's website for information on how to restore that
          file.

          On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Jim Akkerman wrote:

          > Hey,
          > This could be a real problem. I followed Steve's instructions listed below
          > and found the virus just as he described ... and deleted it. I thought my
          > system was protected by Norton. Norton checks every outgoing message
          > automatically ... but apparently they aren't "up to speed" on this one yet.
          >
          > Looking forward ... and up,
          > Jim

          Never ascribe to malice what can be perfectly
          well be explained by stupidity. -- Anonymous