Re: [hreg] Roundup Time

  • Bridget Jensen
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 26, 2002
      I missed the article as I was on vacation in western Minnesota, specifically
      Lake Benton, "the Wind Power Capital of the Midwest." The vista of
      windmills up and down Buffalo Ridge was impressive. These wind farms were
      one of the first assets that Enron sold off. Interestingly, the lady who
      ran the bed and breakfast where we stayed said that while the project was
      being constructed, a fellow from a bank in England stayed at her place.
      Since his bank was putting up a lot of the money for the project, he was
      just there to see it get put in place. From the sound of it, this wind
      project may have been one of Fastow's schemes that involved the British
      banks and is now coming back to haunt them.

      Bridget Jensen