Fredericksburg for stay-at-homes

  • Mark R. Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26 8:51 AM
      It sounds great that people are able to put together the 3-day "Texas Renewable Energy Roundup, Green Living and Sustainability Fair" this September. Part of me would like to go, but traveling with the family makes this a long shot.

      I wonder if the fair organizers, or somebody close to them, might be able to put together a bunch of literature so us "vicarious travelers" might be able to buy it and get exposed to the ideas at the fair. It's my hope that since some of us cannot be there, we could "read about it" instead. I would consider a price for such a literature package reasonable up to about $75.

      Hopefully if someone had the creativity and enterprise to do this, it could become a profit center (and if you want, send all profits to some worthy cause). Just an idea I wanted to throw out, I expect the fair will be great for attendees in any event.

      Best wishes -- Mark Johnson

         Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 09:59:49 -0500
         From: Kathryn Houser <rainfall@...>
      Subject: 3-day Fredericksburg Fair: schedule now posted

                          Texas Renewable Energy Roundup,
                        Green Living and Sustainability Fair

                downtown Fredericksburg, TX, September 20 – 22, 2002

                  Admission $5 or $10 for a 3-day pass AT THE GATE
         Admission includes free tent talks, family activities, educational
                              exhibits and live music
                  In-depth workshops available for additional fee

                            For a complete schedule, see
                           www.RenewableEnergyRoundup.com

        Topics to be covered include:  solar electricity, green building and
         design, energy efficiency, organic growing & pest management , wind
        energy, rainwater harvesting, water wise landscaping, Permaculture,
           straw bale construction, green electricity options, sustainable
       lifestyles, alternative vehicles, water use & reuse, geothermal, solar
       water heating, composting, building materials, PV water pumping.......