Earth Share & workplace giving

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2002
      TXSES has asked if anyone from HREG can attend this training session to learn how we can raise more money through Earth Share.  HREG is participating in this workplace giving opportunity, which you may see at your work as part of United Way or Combined Federal Campaign in the fall.  Please let me know if you would be willing to volunteer in this way.

      From: Earth Share of Texas

      Please join us for an Earth Share of Texas campaign workshop from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, September 12 in the upstairs CEC board room at the Houston Environmental Center, 3015 Richmond.

      This is your chance to learn or get refresher tips about boothsmithing and making campaign presentations for your organization and Earth Share of Texas.

      Who should attend? Anyone who would like to raise more money for their organization through Earth Share of Texas and the fall campaign season, and anyone who expects to make a campaign appearance of any kind for EST during the fall campaigns in the Houston area.

      Who will lead the session? Director of Houston Operations Bridget Jensen, EST Assistant Director Edie Muehlberger and Executive Director Max Woodfin.

      What should I expect? Expert instruction about making the most of the short time you have with potential donors, and reminders from Bridget about how you will be informed about campaign events.

      Will I earn hours? Yes, anyone who attends will earn actual hours plus reasonable travel time for their participating organization.

      Will the session start and end on time? Yes. Remember the EST campaign-season motto -- 'If you're not 15 minutes early, you're late.'

      Will there be refreshments? Hmm, we hadn't thought about that! But yes, if you will RSVP, we will provide a bit of wine and beer and water. OR, we'll give bonus hours to anyone who volunteers to provide refreshments.

      Please RSVP by replying to this e-mail.

      Earth Share of Texas
      'One environment. One simple way to care for it.'
      814 West 23rd Street
      Austin, Texas 78705
      512-472-5518
      800-GREENTX