[hreg] Re: meeting

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 16 3:26 PM
      Hello Everyone,
      I called KRBE several times and left messages and they finally called me back
      yesterday. They said they had received our Earth Day entrance papers and
      everything looks OK. They will not be sending out a packet of information but
      will have a meeting at their offices to brief all the participating groups
      and will pass it out at that time. He said he will let me know in a day or
      two when the meeting will be (hopefully before our meeting on the 26th, since
      the event is on April 1st).
      Also have had problems contacting Alison Dodson at CEC and finally found out
      why - she no longer works there. I was called by Jeffrey Crews, a new board
      member who is temporarily acting in her place. He searched around and found
      our file which he said appears to be complete. The board has not formally
      accepted our membership application (because it has not been submitted) but
      he sees no problem with it. There is a $50 membership fee which should be
      made out to Citizen's Environmental Coalition and sent to CEC, 3015 Richmond,
      Suite 270, Houston, TX 77098. We need to get the payment in before their next
      board meeting on April 4th.
      I tried to talk him out of some free copies of their Environmental Resource
      Guide but he resisted. They will send us a sample copy in the next few days
      but have to charge for them if we want more. They are $6 each up to 25, $5
      from 26 to 50, and $4 for more than 50. We can pass the sample copy around at
      the next meeting and see if anyone wants any and if so we can order them.
      They are pretty nice and we need to be listed in the next one. Unfortunately
      it's too late to get in this year since the year 2000 edition has already
      been published.
      See ya'll on the 26th.
      Charlie Mauch
      PS Alison's position is open in case anyone might be interested in applying
      for it. Should be pretty interesting work. Jeff tells me it pays around $27K
      but I'm not sure what the qualifications are.
    • Kim & Garth Travis
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9, 2001
        Hi,
        I am sorry, due to complications of Alison, we will be unable to attend
        tomorrow's meeting. I was looking forward to showing off my funnel
        cooker, but my car is unable to move, at present. I hope you have a
        good meeting.

        Kim Travis
      • James Ferrill
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2001
          Key Kim,

          I would have liked to see that funnel cooker. I've heard they are safer
          than regular parabolic models.

          I'm stuck here at home too. Cypress creek is out of it's banks and has
          blocked all access in and out of our area. I'll probably miss the meeting
          tomorrow and don't know about work Monday. Pretty amazing amount of water.

          James

        • jclem412@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 10, 2001
            Hi Houston! Sorry to hear about the flooding there. Shoulda had solar on
            the Medical Center! Hope everybody is fine. Y'all are in our
            thoughts....love, Diane & Jonathan
          • evelyn sardina
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 29, 2007
              I missed the last meeting.  I am interested in the part of what we can do to help.  Will there be information at the website where I could get the minutes?
              On a personal note, last year I added two storm doors, cfls, insulatiing paint, replaced air ducts and installed a new thermostat.  If the meeting was reffering to conservation, then I think I  am on my way.  If there is something else, then I would need this information.
              Thank you for your help.
              Evelyn

            • Michael Ewert
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 31, 2007

                We’re going to send something out that has websites related to what we talked about. The topic for the meeting was active solar thermal.  The “call for action” was to get involved in the political process as well as using energy efficiency and renewable energy in your own life.  Keep up the good work!