RE: [hreg] Electric vehicles

  • Mike Ewert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
      I think it is the same group and I recall seeing them at Earth Day activities in the past as well.

      I think it is a great idea for a future meeting.  I'm working on a presentation by Southwest PV for our next meeting in July, so maybe in October we could invite them.  Charlie, would you be willing to contact them for us and invite them to come to our meeting and tell/show us what they are about?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
        I will contact them and report back what I find out.
        Charlie
      • ChasMauch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
          Hello Mike and gang,

          I just spoke on the phone with Ken Bancroft, contact person for the Electric Automobile Club, which is the local branch of a national organization. The two organizations are the same and have been around for years. Dale Brooks is president. Ken says they have about 50 on the role but only get 10 to 12 at most meetings. Sounds familiar.

          They meet on the third Thursday of each month (July 18th will be their next meeting) at 6:30pm in the Upper Kirby District Center (3015 Richmond, Room 280). This is the same building the CEC has its offices in, on Richmond between Kirby and Buffalo.

          I told him when and where we meet and he suggested we might invite our members to come to one of their meetings and they will ask theirs to come to one of ours, which is also coming up next month on July 28th. I will plan to attend and hope everyone else who can will do so too. Should be interesting. I suspect we have a lot of common interests.

          Charlie

          Subj: RE: [hreg] Electric vehicles
          Date: 6/29/02 12:25:33 PM Central Daylight Time
          From: mike.ewert@...