Re: [hreg] New file uploaded to hreg

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2002
      Sorry about this, I will delete it immediately.
      List owner

      hreg@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hello,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the hreg
      > group.
      >
      > File : / Click Here!
      > Uploaded by : bartjohnosn <bartjohnosn@...>
      > Description : No matter what your credit is like ,there is a card here
      > for you!
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL

      > Regards,
      >
      > bartjohnosn <bartjohnosn@...>

      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
    • Kim & Garth Travis
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
        Sorry, but I will remove this again. arghhhhhhh!
        List Owner

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
          If you know a way of stopping this, I would love to know. Perhaps I
          should make it that I have to approve membership, as only members can
          post or upload files. Comments? Suggestions?
          List Owner

          C. Terry Ross wrote:

          > Spam is always annoying -- especially when coming from a group that I do
          > not want to automatically send to the junk list!!

        • Ryan McMullan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2002
            One option to handle attachments is to go to Group Options:
            Posting: and set attachments to be discarded. If anyone on the list wants
            to send an attachment, they can send it to individual's addresses, rather
            than the whole list. We probably wouldn't loose much to make the
            Membership "Restricted" (requiring approval), so long as we don't make it
            "Closed" (joining only by invitation). It really isn't that much effort to
            approve new membership requests and people can seek membership the same
            way, approval just isn't automatic. Of course, looking at the header, I
            can't tell if Yahoo sent that e-mail or if there's just a really clever
            spammer.

            My two cents,
            Ryan

            At 07:40 AM 6/4/02 -0500, you wrote:
            >If you know a way of stopping this, I would love to know. Perhaps I
            >should make it that I have to approve membership, as only members can
            >post or upload files. Comments? Suggestions?
            >List Owner
            >
            >C. Terry Ross wrote:
            >
            > > Spam is always annoying -- especially when coming from a group that I do
            > > not want to automatically send to the junk list!!

          • Robert Johnston
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2002
              I recently read a news bite that said Yahoo has changed its privacy
              policy, and is now selling more of its user information to 3rd parties.
              Don't know if this is related, but maybe we can expect more of this kind
              of thing in the future. Just proves again the old adage, "There's no
              such thing as a free lunch."

              Robert Johnston

              Service