Re: rain barrels

  • gpcarrier
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
      Thanks for the exhaustive list (information overload ;-) ). For
      clarity, I am not interested in a system nor installers, just a
      couple of nice barrels. If anyone knows specifically about the
      simple barrel I described, please let me know.

      -Greg

      > Subject: [hreg] rain barrels
      >

      > > This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on
      the
      > > Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe about
      45
      > > gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout,
      and a
      > > spigot for draining.
      > >
      > > Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Greg

    • gpcarrier
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
        Never mind; I've found a few with a websearch. If you've have any
        particular recommendations, please provide.

        -Greg

        --- In hreg@y..., "gpcarrier" <deviant@p...> wrote:
        > Thanks for the exhaustive list (information overload ;-) ). For
        > clarity, I am not interested in a system nor installers, just a
        > couple of nice barrels. If anyone knows specifically about the
        > simple barrel I described, please let me know.
        >
        > -Greg
        >

        > > Subject: [hreg] rain barrels
        > >

        > > > This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on
        > the
        > > > Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe
        about
        > 45
        > > > gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout,
        > and a
        > > > spigot for draining.
        > > >
        > > > Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?
        > > >
        > > > Thanks,
        > > > Greg

      • LaVerne Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
          Greg:

          would you mind sharing where you found the barrels you were searching for
          and what they look like?

          LaVerne

        • jclem412@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 27, 2002
            Check out the recycled wine barrels in Real Goods magazine or .com.

            D. Clemens