rain barrels

  • gpcarrier
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
      This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on the
      Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe about 45
      gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout, and a
      spigot for draining.

      Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?

      Thanks,
      Greg
    • LaVerne Williams
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
        Greg:

        This should help.

        LaVerne A. Williams, AIA
        laverne@...
        Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
        5828 Langfield Road
        Houston, TX 77092-1429
        713.528.0000

        RainMan Waterworks
        P. O. Box 972
        Dripping Springs, TX 78620
        (512) 858-7020
        design & installation, systems

        Bowerbird Construction
        P. O. Box 698
        Dripping Springs, TX 78620
        (512) 796-4012
        ferocement tanks, rainwater systems

        Agua Dulce
        P.O. Box 165
        San Marcos, TX
        (512) 392-7747
        rainwater systems

        Sustainable Homesteads
        P. O. Box 2669
        Wimberley, TX 78676
        (512) 832-0737
        systems, consultation

        Water Works of Texas
        2206 Matterhorn Lane
        Austin, TX 78704
        (512) 326-4636, rainfall@...
        rainwater systems

        Rainwater Collection Over Texas
        201 Thurman Rd.
        San Marcos, TX 78666
        (800) 222-3164 (512) 353-4949
        rainwater systems, conservation products

        Tank Town
        1212 Quail Ridge
        Dripping Springs, TX 78620
        (512) 894-0861
        rainwater systems

        Barrel City USA
        8401 South 1st St.
        Austin, TX 78748
        (512) 282-1328
        recycled 55-gallon drums

        John Dorn Tank Building, Inc.
        P.O. Box 150
        Vidor, TX 77662
        (409) 769-5129
        bolted, galvanized tanks

        Red Ewald, Inc
        P.O. Box 519
        Karnes City, TX 78118
        (800) 242-3524
        fiberglass reinforced tanks

        L & F Manufacturing
        P.O. Box 578, Highway 290 East
        Giddings, TX 78942
        (800) 237-5791
        fiberglass tanks

        Midessa Membranes
        Midessa Industrial Vinyl Company
        Rt. 4, 5203 W. 42nd
        Odessa, TX 79764
        (915) 333-3055
        PVC bladders

        > This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on the
        > Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe about 45
        > gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout, and a
        > spigot for draining.
        >
        > Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Greg

      • gpcarrier
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
          Thanks for the exhaustive list (information overload ;-) ). For
          clarity, I am not interested in a system nor installers, just a
          couple of nice barrels. If anyone knows specifically about the
          simple barrel I described, please let me know.

          -Greg

          > Subject: [hreg] rain barrels
          >

          > > This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on
          the
          > > Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe about
          45
          > > gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout,
          and a
          > > spigot for draining.
          > >
          > > Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Greg

        • gpcarrier
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
            Never mind; I've found a few with a websearch. If you've have any
            particular recommendations, please provide.

            -Greg

            --- In hreg@y..., "gpcarrier" <deviant@p...> wrote:
            > Thanks for the exhaustive list (information overload ;-) ). For
            > clarity, I am not interested in a system nor installers, just a
            > couple of nice barrels. If anyone knows specifically about the
            > simple barrel I described, please let me know.
            >
            > -Greg
            >

            > > Subject: [hreg] rain barrels
            > >

            > > > This past weekend, my wife and I saw some nice rain barrels on
            > the
            > > > Austin eco tour. They appear to be plastic barrels, maybe
            about
            > 45
            > > > gallons, designed with a covered inlet for a gutter downspout,
            > and a
            > > > spigot for draining.
            > > >
            > > > Can you folks direct me to such simple and aesthetic products?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks,
            > > > Greg

          • LaVerne Williams
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 26, 2002
              Greg:

              would you mind sharing where you found the barrels you were searching for
              and what they look like?

              LaVerne

            • jclem412@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2002
                Check out the recycled wine barrels in Real Goods magazine or .com.

                D. Clemens