HREG meeting for April 28, 2002

  • Lafleur, Oral
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
      Hello HREG members:
      An invitation has been extended for HREG to visit a home PV installation
      site under construction in Houston. Therefore, the meeting for this quarter
      April 28, 2002, will be a field trip to visit the home in solar Bellaire, 2
      pm regular meeting time. In this home, solar is being incorporated for
      electricity, hot water, pool heating and geothermal for air conditioning and
      heating. This project will add some light to some of the previous
      discussions on the HREG E-group list. I encourage you to attend this field
      trip. There is lots to see and hear from Greg, the home owner.
      The direction from Greg is as follows:
      If traveling South on 610, after bypassing 59, take the first exit
      (Fournace?), as the Bissonnet and Bellaire exits are closed. Take a right
      onto Bissonnet and continue to Chimney Rock. Take a left onto Chimney Rock,
      bypass the Evergreen intersection, then pass Braeburn and Pine. Valerie is
      the next street; take a right. 5307 (unmarked) is around the 4th house on
      the left - you'll note it as a construction site with the house faced with
      stone and stucco.
      I have heard that the 610/59 intersection may be closed. If traveling on 59,
      simply take the Chimney Rock exit and follow the above directions.
      To be courteous (and legal), please park on the house side of the street,
      inline with the flow of traffic (they do police).
      If you wish to have the physical address, please request it to be forwarded
      to your personal email.

      Oral LaFleur
    • Robert Johnston
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
        Sounds great! I hope to be there. It would be nice if the architect
        could show up too, if there is one. I'd like to know more about how the
        geothermal cooling is sized, etc.

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • OLafleur@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2002
          This is the correction to the sentence below.  It should read "Therefore, the HREG meeting for this quarter will be a field trip to visit the solar home in Bellaire for 2
          pm regular meeting time."

          Therefore, the meeting for this quarter
          April 28, 2002, will be a field trip to visit the home in solar Bellaire, 2
          pm regular meeting time.
        • d j
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2002
            What is physical address?
            Thanks/Dannis Jen

            >From: "Lafleur, Oral" <lafleur_ox@...>
            >To: hreg@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [hreg] HREG meeting for April 28, 2002
            >Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:30:08 -0500
            >
            >Hello HREG members:
            >An invitation has been extended for HREG to visit a home PV installation
            >site under construction in Houston. Therefore, the meeting for this
            >quarter
            >April 28, 2002, will be a field trip to visit the home in solar Bellaire, 2
            >pm regular meeting time. In this home, solar is being incorporated for
            >electricity, hot water, pool heating and geothermal for air conditioning
            >and
            >heating. This project will add some light to some of the previous
            >discussions on the HREG E-group list. I encourage you to attend this field
            >trip. There is lots to see and hear from Greg, the home owner.
            >The direction from Greg is as follows:
            >If traveling South on 610, after bypassing 59, take the first exit
            >(Fournace?), as the Bissonnet and Bellaire exits are closed. Take a right
            >onto Bissonnet and continue to Chimney Rock. Take a left onto Chimney Rock,
            >bypass the Evergreen intersection, then pass Braeburn and Pine. Valerie is
            >the next street; take a right. 5307 (unmarked) is around the 4th house on
            >the left - you'll note it as a construction site with the house faced with
            >stone and stucco.
            >I have heard that the 610/59 intersection may be closed. If traveling on
            >59,
            >simply take the Chimney Rock exit and follow the above directions.
            >To be courteous (and legal), please park on the house side of the street,
            >inline with the flow of traffic (they do police).
            >If you wish to have the physical address, please request it to be forwarded
            >to your personal email.
            >
            >Oral LaFleur

          • Lafleur, Oral
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 24, 2002
              It was at the request of the home owner that we did not put the physical
              address on the E-group list. Individuals were specifically asked to request
              the physical address to be sent to their personal email. I am very sorry
              this was not understood in the announcement.

              Oral LaFleur