Re: [hreg] Texas power grid

  • Mike Wissink
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8 7:44 AM
      James,

      The Texas Grid. ERCOT, has two DC ties that connect it
      to the national grid one in the East and one in the
      West near El Paso. They have some size to them, but
      not near enough to make a difference in the California
      crisis.

      Mike

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Ryan McMullan
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8 9:48 AM
        Hello all,

        I've been helping Houston Earth Day (the one this Saturday, April 13) get
        some demonstrations of renewable power. We'll have a diesel generator
        burning biodiesel, two solar trailers, and a wind generator display. All
        the electricity from the grid used by the event will be compensated with
        wind power from Green Mountain. So effectively, we'll have an
        all-renewable, carbon-neutral energy sourcing for the event for our direct
        consumption. We're also putting up little signs around the event
        highlighting these demonstrations and showing the effects these energy
        sources have. Does anyone have some good "fun facts" that we can include
        for this education?
        Also, all are welcome to the event. It's free admission and parking and
        we'll have two stages of entertainment, a kid's zone, and about 60
        exhibitors. More info at:
        http://www.houstonearthday.org/

        Ryan