Re: [hreg] Earth Days

  • Michael Begley
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2002
      Re: [hreg] Earth Days
         Charlie,
         When we converted from our Reliant account (of 10 years)
      to GM, we didn't have to pay a deposit.  Of course, we had a
      10 year history, not a new acocunt.  When we first opened our
      Reliant (HL&P) account 10 years ago after miving here from out of state,
      we had to given THEM a deposit, which was returned after a year
      of no late payments.

      Take care,
      Charlie

      PS I tried to call Reliant Energy about half a dozen times to turn on the electricity in my new house, and every time got put on hold because "all representatives were busy" so finally called GM to see if they could handle my business directly without going through Reliant. I found that (1) they do not have a Houston office and (2) they require a $150 deposit, which really irritated me and I decided to just stay with Reliant. I finally got through to them and they did not require a deposit. Did anyone else have such an experience? I really wanted to go with GM and maybe I will later on after I get over my irritation.