[Fwd:Smoking Vehicle Program: turn 'em in!

  • Kim & Garth Travis
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
      Though this was in the field of this group.
      Kim

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
        I could pass (and report on) more smoking cars if they'd let me drive 70
        mph!

        I despise the one-size-fits-all approach to punishing the good and the
        bad (polluters) our government has taken on this smog reduction plan.

        Robert

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Polly Ledvina
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2002
          What about the schizophrenia of reducing the speed limit, while at the same
          time initiating massive highway expansion programs? How much will the speed
          limit need to be reduced to compensate for all the additional cars pouring
          into the city when the Katy Freeway is expanded to 24 lanes?

          Highway expansion projects never reduce congestion. Expanded roads only
          fill back up by inducing demand. New highways are disincentive to
          alternative means of transportation. In a very short time the Katy Freeway
          will have more cars, more pollution, more heat, more noise, more congestion,
          and more communities in grid-lock than ever before. We will be light years
          behind where we could be, because we're chosen to spend our transportation
          dollars paving over homes, businesses, and greenspaces for more freeway,
          rather than providing clean, well-considered, hospitable alternatives.

          Polly