Re: [hreg] Fw: Enron's Impact on Renewable Energy and the Environment

  • Joseph Phelan
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2002
      ...and most of them live in Phoenix where it's sunny all day, or in West Texas, where it's windy.  It is my opinion that you need a connected, deregulated grid so everyone can play via financial settlements esp in regions not so blessed.
      Enron is not "my" utility.  I am unemployed.
      There is no love lost for Enron on my part, trust me.

      You guys hiring?
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2002
        Joseph,

        Not having done any recent demographic studies on residential renewable energy system installations, by kW rating or quantity, I'm not sure where "most" of "them" live, but I doubt you would be right in assuming that "most of them live in Phoenix where it's sunny all day, or in West Texas, where it's windy."   By the way, who is your utility provider?  Are they offering green power and are you taking advantage of it?

        However, I do agree with your opinion that we need a connected, deregulated grid.  Preferably, one day, one so advanced as that which Buckminster Fuller envisioned:

        http://www.geni.org/energy/issues/overview/english/grid.html

        Actually, we are hiring.  If you can hold your own with system design and installation, and are fairly handy at chopping wood and carrying water, please give me a call.

        Andrew