Re: [hreg] Fw: Enron's Impact on Renewable Energy and the Environment

  • Andrew McCalla
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 11, 2002
      Joseph,

      Points well taken.

      However, I must take issue with your statement:  "Without a deregulated power grid, green power wouldn't even be available."

      Aside from those putting in their own systems, it has been available for many for some time, and from utilities even, just not yours.

      Andrew H. McCalla
      Meridian Energy Systems, Inc.
      Solar-Electric System Design, Installation, and Service.
      P.O. Box 5810
      Austin, TX  78763
      Tel: 512-477-3050
      Fax: 512-477-3035
    • Joseph Phelan
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2002
        ...and most of them live in Phoenix where it's sunny all day, or in West Texas, where it's windy.  It is my opinion that you need a connected, deregulated grid so everyone can play via financial settlements esp in regions not so blessed.
        Enron is not "my" utility.  I am unemployed.
        There is no love lost for Enron on my part, trust me.

        You guys hiring?

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 11, 2002
          Joseph,

          Not having done any recent demographic studies on residential renewable energy system installations, by kW rating or quantity, I'm not sure where "most" of "them" live, but I doubt you would be right in assuming that "most of them live in Phoenix where it's sunny all day, or in West Texas, where it's windy."   By the way, who is your utility provider?  Are they offering green power and are you taking advantage of it?

          However, I do agree with your opinion that we need a connected, deregulated grid.  Preferably, one day, one so advanced as that which Buckminster Fuller envisioned:

          http://www.geni.org/energy/issues/overview/english/grid.html

          Actually, we are hiring.  If you can hold your own with system design and installation, and are fairly handy at chopping wood and carrying water, please give me a call.

          Andrew