Re: [hreg] PV System Payback

  • Polly Ledvina
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 9, 2002
      True. We support alternative energy, and are willing to pay more for it, as
      a matter of principle (if not recreation). Anyway, energy derived from
      fossil fuels isn't cheaper - it only appears that way because the bill for
      degrading the environment and compromising national security doesn't show
      up in a Reliant Energy envelope.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2002
        This is a web link to an interview with a couple that have a 31 kW solar
        electric system. 31,000 watts is much larger than most homeowners would
        ever consider installing. They wanted to be able to provide enough
        electricity to meet their household energy requirements and fuel their
        electric vehicles. I think your will find the interview very
        interesting, especially if you have questions about how a solar electric
        system operates.

        PV Economics 101 - Part1
        http://evworld.com/databases/storybuilder.cfm?storyid=299

        PV Economics 101 - Part 2