RE: [hreg] Fwd: 104 KRBE Earth Day Festival - Official Invitation !

  • Lafleur, Oral
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2002
      Charlie:

      For the time being, lets look beyond the money, if possible because HREG
      needs it. Lets think first about creating opportunities for HREG members to
      participate in projects. This is an excellent opportunity for HREG to prove
      its membership worth. HREG's participation in the festival has always been
      beneficial to me personally and undoubtedly to the public because each year
      the park is usually full. Could we go ahead and say yes to HREG's
      participation and see how many members will be available to help?

      Unfortunately, this year I will be setting up a booth for Texas Southern
      University at the festival and will not be able to commit the amount of time
      to HREG's booth as in past years. However, I will do whatever possible to
      see that HREG is represented as always. It might even be possible for HREG
      to do both festivals considering all the members participating on the
      E-group.

      Oral LaFleur

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2002
        I think we should try to do both. The KRBE letter indicates that money
        (besides prize money) will go to participants (instead of the CEC). Even if
        we reach only 10% of 35000, that's 3500!

        Who will volunteer to work at least 1/2 day at one of the weekends?
        No experience required.
        I'll do one of them.

        ChasMauch@... wrote:

        > Received the attached email this morning. Do we want to participate
        > in the KRBE thing this year? Sounds like they plan to do the usual
        > thing - use Earth Day as a justification for basically having a music
        > concert with a little bit of environmental window dressing. I never
        > was able to find out who won the prize money last year and CEC wasn't
        > either. Let me know whatcha think.
        > Charlie
        > PS Presumably Enron will not be cosponsoring this year :-)
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        [Click Here!]

        > Subject: 104 KRBE Earth Day Festival - Official Inviation!
        > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:59:26 -0600
        > From: "Tony Bracy" <tbracy@...>
        > To: "Tony Bracy" <tbracy@...>
        >
        > Greetings!
        >
        > I would like to take the opportunity to officially invite your
        > Environmental Organization to participate in the 104 KRBE Earth Day
        > Festival FREE of charge!
        >
        > Please act fast for your chance to occupy a FREE booth and get your
        > message out to nearly 35,000 Houstonians!
        >
        > Simply fill out the attached entry form and fax it to me, Tony Bracy,
        > at
        > (713) 954-2344 to secure your spot ASAP! These spaces fill up fairly
        > quickly.
        >
        > This year each non-profit organization will directly benefit from 104
        > KRBE's contribution to the Environmental Zone. Not only will you be
        > able to participate in an interactive contest to win prize money for
        > your creativity, but every 501c3 organization will equally divide 104
        > KRBE's Cash donation to Houston's Environmental Community!
        >
        > Thank You and I hope to see you at the 104 KRBE/Green Mountain Energy
        > Earth Day!
        >
        > Tony Bracy
        > 104 KRBE
        >
        > see attachment

      • Lafleur, Oral
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2002
          Thank Mike!
          I will be able to work at least 3 hours on both days my self.

          Oral