[hreg] Re: Earth Day

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 90 , Mar 2, 2000
      Mike,

      Thanks for getting started organizing for Enron Earth Day (an oxymoron if
      there ever was one) since it's just 4 weeks away. Sounds like you are
      bringing some really super stuff! Presumably I will be getting a packet in
      the mail pretty soon with all the details, starting and ending times, etc and
      I will share that with everyone as soon as I receive it. Will we be having
      another meeting before April 1st?

      I plan to be there all day but unfortunately don't have any ideas for an
      exhibit. Will we try again to get the bubble machine to work using solar
      cells? Any other thoughts from anyone? Do we need to borrow the banner from
      Kathryn again, assuming it is available? Does TXSES have other literature etc
      same as last year? I think she is on this listserv so this is my question to
      her - please advise.

      I will have to split my time between this group and the Green Party. The
      Greens will also have a booth and will also be outside the gate collecting
      signatures for our petition drive. We need 60,000 signatures by May 29 to get
      Ralph Nader and our other candidates (including me) on the statewide ballot
      for the election in November.

      The Earth Day thing is lots of fun and there is some interesting stuff to
      see. Some even say the music is great but I was always too busy to get to
      hear much of it. Hope everyone who can will turn out to see it.

      Charlie Mauch
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.