Chronicle editorial on hydrogen-powered vehicles

  • ChasMauch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2002
      The lead editorial in today's chronicle was about hydrogen power. They cover just about every critical point that we have discussed on this list and I agree with them entirely. Was especially impressed with the following portion, which goes along with my previous statement about the need for a "moon shot" effort and convinces me even more that it is a sound idea:

      "It took Americans 10 years to put astronauts on the moon and return them to Earth, at the same time establishing the United States as the world's pre-eminent nation in science and technology. A similar effort for energy use is needed today. The sooner the program is mounted, the sooner the benefits will be gained."

      The full editorial can be found at:

      http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/editorial/1215938

      Charlie