Re: [hreg] Earth Day
- Houston Earth Day (the one CEC and Rice are doing) will be on April 13th. We tried to make it closer to actual Earth Day (April 22), but the weekends that surround Earth Day are taken up by the International Festival.
At 12:03 PM 1/10/02 -0600, you wrote:
Charlie or someone,
Please let me know what the date for this Earth Day celebration will be. We need to schedule the TXSES exhibit and be sure we can send at least a backdrop display to each chapter, along with Fact Sheets and Lesson Plans of course.
"Blase D. Sands" wrote:
Hello Charlie and all,Sarah Doss contacted me and they are going to advertise the Earth Day event in the February issue of Emerging Lifestyles Magazine. it will come out February 10 and will be available free at Whole Foods Market.Roseanne On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:19:22 EST ChasMauch@... writes:
- Hello HREGers,
- I just had a call from Sarah Doss at the Citizen's Environmental Coalition asking about Earth Day. As you know, Enron and KRBE were the prime underwriters of this event and Enron is - shall we say - otherwise occupied this year and probably will not participate. But Sarah tells me that the CEC has been getting more and more concerned about the whole event becoming too commercial and basically just a big music festival with not enough emphasis on the environment. They want to reorganize it on a smaller scale, probably still with music but from local groups, and get back to basics. And they want to know if we would like to participate?
- I said we always have in the past and shared their reservations about it being too big and glitzy and would like to see it smaller and more in the true spirit of Earth Day. I said I felt sure we would continue to participate but that I would check with the rest of the HREG group and get back as soon as possible (it's only about 4 moths away!) so please give me some feedback on this.
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
- I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.John Gardner
Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:Looking ahead to Earth Day, Id like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other. Im sure we will have many opportunities and I dont want to accept more than we can handle. Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event. Most will be on Saturdays in April. Please e-mail me at mewert@.... Thank you.-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Duran [mailto:eduran@...]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:35 AM
Subject: Bellaire Earth DayMr. Ewert,I'm writing to ask the Houston Renewable Energy Group to participate in Bellaire's Earth Day Festival on April 22nd, 2006. We'd like you to have an informative booth at the Nature Discovery Center site, from 10am to 2pm. We're asking the exhibitors this year to make the booths as interactive as possible, but information would be okay, as well. We look forward to having your organization join us.Thank you,Eric DuranStaff NaturalistNature Discovery Center713-667-6550