Re: [hreg] Green Mountain (Bad Meanie or Good Greenie?)

  • Ryan McMullan
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 19, 2001
      Follow-up

      I looked at the other providers available for our area (see below) and only
      Green Mountain had their Electricity Facts Label completed on their website
      (the others had price filled in, but not generation source and emissions
      info, or I couldn't find it at all). First Choice says that they're going
      to have a 100% wind option available "later this year", but that's all of
      the info they have right now. Anyway, for those that want to do their own
      research, the info is at:
      http://www.powertochoose.org/residential/choosing/howtoshopframe.html

      Gexa Energy
      Phone: 866-961-9399
      Web Site:www.gexaenergy.com

      Green Mountain Energy Company
      Phone: 1-866-GREEN-TX (1-866-473-3689)
      Email: thetxfolks@...
      Web Site: www.greenmountain.com

      First Choice Power, Inc.
      Phone: 1-866-4-MyChoice (1-866-469-2464)
      Web Site:www.EnergyWithASmile.com

      The New Power Company
      Phone: 1-800-NEW-POWER
      Web Site: www.newpower.com

      TXU Energy, Inc.
      Phone: 1-877-460-7066
      Fax: 1-877-460-4261
      Email: txuenergyservices@...
      Web Site: www.txuenergy.com

      Entergy Solutions, Ltd.
      Phone: 1-866-368-3749
      Web Site: www.entergysolutions.com

      Ryan

      At 07:54 AM 12/19/01 -0800, you wrote:
      >Looking for some input on Energy Providers in the
      >Houston Area. I just built a home and got HL&P out
      >there to hookup my service. Now I had always assumed I
      >would sign up for service under Green Mountain but
      >have run into a lot of negative Internet info on them,
      >mainly originating in PA for some reason.
      >
      >http://www.boycottgreenmountain.com/
      >
      >Any advise for this newcomer to the houston grid? Is
      >there any environmentally moral alternatives?
      >
      >Cheers.

      >Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of
      >your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com
      >or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com

    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.