Re: [hreg] Green Mountain (Bad Meanie or Good Greenie?)

  • Ryan McMullan
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 19, 2001
      Looking at the this website, most of the criticisms seem to be for
      Green Mountain operations in other states. In Texas, where their power mix
      is monitored by the Public Utilities Commission, they're 100% wind power
      (that's generated inside the state). Of course, the other argument is,
      however misleading their practices as an overall company may be, all of the
      other electricity providers I've found for the Houston area are "business
      as usual" when it comes to generation. Even if you're choosing between the
      lesser of several evils, it's still the lesser.
      That's my opinion.

      Ryan

      At 07:54 AM 12/19/01 -0800, you wrote:
      >Looking for some input on Energy Providers in the
      >Houston Area. I just built a home and got HL&P out
      >there to hookup my service. Now I had always assumed I
      >would sign up for service under Green Mountain but
      >have run into a lot of negative Internet info on them,
      >mainly originating in PA for some reason.
      >
      >http://www.boycottgreenmountain.com/
      >
      >Any advise for this newcomer to the houston grid? Is
      >there any environmentally moral alternatives?
    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.