Re: [hreg] Earth Day

  • Ryan McMullan
    Message 1 of 90 , Dec 19, 2001
      Hello all,

      I'm organizing the Rice end of the Houston Earth Day concert (the
      other end is the Citizen's Environmental Coalition) and our plan is to have
      the event be free (we don't want to discourage people from coming to
      learn). Of course, that means we'll have to pay for it with sponsorships,
      food/drink sales, and booths, but it should be worth it if we bring in more
      people that learn something new.
      As to advertising in Emerging Lifestyles, it sounds like a good
      match--I'll pass that offer on to our publicity person and they'll take it
      from there. Thanks for the good ideas and support.

      Ryan

      At 08:01 AM 12/18/01 -0600, you wrote:

      >ChasMauch@... wrote:
      >
      >They want to reorganize it
      > > on a smaller scale, probably still with music but from local groups, and
      > > get back to basics. And they want to know if we would like to participate?
      > >

      >Hopefully with a much lower entrance fee. It would also be nice to see
      >some displays that show how to be earth friendly and wallet friendly at
      >the same time.
      >Kim

    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.