Fwd: A Better Definition of Patriotism

  • jclem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2001
      ditto, Diane
    • tanstaafl77005@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2001
        I have to agree with the assessment of ANWR's output potential. I
        work for the oilpatch and have yet to see any justification for the
        numbers many politicians are throwing around. As with most of the
        North Slope there is a great potential for gas (which is not
        economical for the region) and only minor potential for oil. ANWR is
        on the hinge of a windshield wiper like compressional foreland basin
        which quickly put most of the source horizons well below the "oil
        window" (ie. gas). They already have drilling projects offshore ANWR,
        above the Barrow Arch where the horizons are shallower and oil
        potential greater (similar to Prudhoe Bay). I would hate to see them
        open the region up and do their damage only to confirm what many
        believe.

        Anyway, my 2 cents.

        sean