(no subject)

  • OLafleur@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2001
      Hello All!

      This is a reminder for the HREG meeting for Sunday, December 2.  I hope that we have a good day for solar because as Mike Ewert said, this will be a "hands on" renewable energy meeting!

      We will meet in the Solar Energy Lab at TSU.  Oral LaFleur will give us a
      tour of their facilities and demonstrate some of the solar powered devices
      they have.  Everyone will get a chance to build a solar car, cook with a
      solar cooker and have a solar soda out of the battery-free solar
      refrigerator.  Mike Ewert will have his solarized car, which now has an
      inverter for AC power in addition to the DC powered air conditioner.

      So bring your own solar projects to show off and come join the fun!
      We will also have some pictures from of HREG last Earth Day activities, the June meeting at Solar Craft (Kevin's place) and the Renewable Energy Roundup in
      Fredericksburg.

      If anyone has some good prizes to donate for the meeting, that would be
      appreciated.

      Directions:
      TSU is between Hwy. 59 and I-45 south of Houston.  From I-45, take the SCOTT
      STREET exit and head west about a mile.  You will see a Burger King - turn
      right there onto CLEBURNE STREET.  Drive about half mile and you will seethe
      campus on the left.

      The School of Technology is on the North edge of campus.  Proceeding on
      Cleburne Street you will pass a few cross streets until you get to a light
      (campus ends here) -- this is ENNIS STREET- turn left.  You should then see
      the School of Technology on the left -- turn left ahead of the building and
      you should see the ground-mounted array of solar PV panels.  Park near the
      panels, which are near the Solar Lab.

      Oral LaFleur