Planned commercial solar facility for Houston

  • LaVerne Williams
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 21, 2001
      Below is a notice from Houston's Citizens Environmental Coalition.  I missed the article in the Chronicle.  Does anybody now anything about this?

      LaVerne A. Williams, AIA
      laverne@...
      Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
      5828 Langfield Road
      Houston, TX 77092-1429
      713.528.0000

      **Green Mountains Plans for Solar***
      Green Mountain Energy, Texas┬╣ only provider of "green electricity,"
      announced plans to develop two commercial-scale solar power facilities in
      Texas, according to a recent article in the Houston Chronicle. On of the
      50-kilowat projects will be in the Houston area and the other near Dallas.
      Exact locations have not been confirmed.

    • Bridget Jensen
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
        Re: [hreg] Planned commercial solar facility for Houston LaVerne,

        It was in last Tuesday's  business shorts on the 2nd page of the Business section.  Lily Auliff, who writes the CEC updates, had missed it too.  I just happened to be in her office that day and showed it to her.  It was such a small blurb that you won't find it in the online Chronicle archives.

        Bridget Jensen
        Director of Houston Operations
        Earth Share of Texas
        1920 W. Clay
        Houston, TX 77019
        ph: 713-524-1290
        fax:713-522-5623
        email:  blj2@...

        From: "LaVerne Williams" <wa@...>
        Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:23:10 -0500
        To: <hreg@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [hreg] Planned commercial solar facility for Houston

        Below is a notice from Houston's Citizens Environmental Coalition.  I missed the article in the Chronicle.  Does anybody now anything about this?

        LaVerne A. Williams, AIA
        laverne@...
        Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
        5828 Langfield Road
        Houston, TX 77092-1429
        713.528.0000

        **Green Mountains Plans for Solar***
        Green Mountain Energy, Texas┬╣ only provider of "green electricity,"
        announced plans to develop two commercial-scale solar power facilities in
        Texas, according to a recent article in the Houston Chronicle. On of the
        50-kilowat projects will be in the Houston area and the other near Dallas.
        Exact locations have not been confirmed.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT

      • Kathryn Houser
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
          I was called by Green Mountain's PR dept. for a quote to include with their press release, and all they would disclose at this time is that the site in Houston will be very public, like on a major shopping development, and the one in Dallas will be on a school.  They are keeping the exact locations for the next round of press releases.  They announced their Big Sky Solar Club at the same time, which is modeled after Austin Energy's Solar Explorer.  Customers can voluntarily add money to their monthly bill that will go to support future installations of solar projects.

          LaVerne Williams wrote:

          Below is a notice from Houston's Citizens Environmental Coalition.  I missed the article in the Chronicle.  Does anybody now anything about this? LaVerne A. Williams, AIA
          laverne@...
          Environment Associates, Architects & Consultants
          5828 Langfield Road
          Houston, TX 77092-1429
          713.528.0000   **Green Mountains Plans for Solar***
          Green Mountain Energy, Texas¹ only provider of "green electricity,"

        • ChasMauch@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2001
            There is some info about Green Mountain's solar plans on their website at

            https://www.greenmountain.com/sunclub/index.jsp

            It costs $5 per month to join the "Big Texas Sun Club." Looks like there are lots of creative ways to make money in the renewable energy biz.

            Charlie