Re: [hreg] Energytech Conference

  • Steven Shepard
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
      Senator Brown is also the man who vetoed out of committee the possibility of
      establishing a Trinity Aquifer Water District that would have allowed us to
      protect the slim resources of the Trinity Aquifer set from being drained,
      exploited and ruined by large municipalities like San Antonio and Austin.
      He quashed this proposal because it could have potentially provided some
      protection to rural Texas residents from unwanted municipal annexation and
      taxation.

      Since Senator Brown's action it has been open season on the Trinity and the
      City of San Antonio has obtained multiple wells on the Trinity set and at
      this time has the ability to drain these wells and these aquifers beyond
      their recovery rate. If San Antonio takes this action it will leave
      potentially thousands of rural Texas residents without water.

      Thanks to Senator Brown there is no state agency, law or regulation that can
      stop the most ignorant municipal government in the state from bullying
      individual citizens and taking one of the most important resources they
      have - water. The only recourse left to the individual citizen and resident
      is to file a civil lawsuit where the citizen would have to bear the burden
      of proof that it is the City's consumption that disables their well.

      Add this issue to other issues like city utilities ruining the air quality
      and taking property owners by conquest through annexation this citizen has
      to ask the question - just who are the terrorists here in Texas? As the old
      saying goes, "As long as the Texas legislature is in session, no one is
      safe."

      Oh, thank you Senator Brown.

      SBT Designs
      25840 IH-10 West #1
      Boerne, Texas 78006
      210-698-7109
      FAX: 210-698-7147
      www.sbtdesigns.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2001
        Wasn't Sen. Brown also involved in some sort of sexual abuse scandal involving his secretary or some other member of his staff? That may also have had an impact on his decision not to run for re-election.
        Charlie