[hreg] Condensed HREG Mission Statement

  • JClem412@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 18 7:16 PM
      HREG,

      I have been out of town and preoccupied for over 10 days and wish to condense
      the Mission Statement as follows:

      Remove "The purpose of HREG shall be to"
      Remove "This shall be accomplished"
      Change "shall serve" to "serves"
      Change "seek" to "seeks"
      Remove the [2nd] "public and government"
      Change "of its purpose" to "of the infinite power of renewable energy."

      This way, the Mission Statement and Purpose statements can co-exist without
      duplication, and the Mission Statement can be placed in many different
      mediums without changing. It is shorter by 11 words. SO, in full, the
      Mission Statement:

      "Further the development of renewable energy and related arts, sciences and
      technologies with concern for the ecological, social, and economic fabric of
      our community and state. Through exchange of ideas and information by means
      of meetings, publications and public displays, HREG serves to inform the
      public, institutional and governmental bodies and seeks to raise the level of
      awareness of the infinite power of renewable energy."

      Please consider the foregoing update and adopt the statement, allowing use in
      the upcoming flyer I am currently drafting. The original statement was
      clear, accurate, and easy to follow, ie, well-written, but was tending to be
      long. I hope this update is useful. Thank you.

      Jonathan A. Clemens
    • Ewert, Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 18 8:40 PM
        That is fine with me. You could probably shorten it even more if you wanted
        to.

[...]

        Forever. If you have any desires to sell your products or services
        online, or you want to expand your customer base for FREE, Come check
        out Shabang!com FREE eStores!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/1299/0/_/58590/_/950930227/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1
      • ChasMauch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 19 6:59 AM
          Just for the record, here is the TXSES mission statement as provided by
          Kathryn. It is really short and sweet:

          To increase the awareness of the potential of solar and other renewable
          energy applications and to promote the wise use of these sustainable and
          non-polluting resources.

          Charlie Mauch
        • s askew
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 24 9:56 PM
            I propose we insert one word >To< at the beginning of
            the mission statement. When I saw the TXSES statement
            it confirmed to me that it reads better that way.

            http://im.yahoo.com