[hreg] Re: Earth Day

  • d j
    Message 1 of 90 , Feb 18, 2000
      Charlie -
      Let me know if any need to help in the booth.
      Dannis Jen

      >From: ChasMauch@...
      >To: hreg@egroups.com
      >Subject: [hreg] Earth Day
      >Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:46:52 EST
      >

      >Hello everyone,
      >I just had a call from KRBE asking if we intend to participate in Earth Day
      >this year and if so we need to get our application in immediately. I said I
      >would get back to him tomorrow.
      >I have the entry form that they sent me about 2 months ago. It asks for a
      >contact person, name of organization, phone number, address, description of
      >activity that will take place in our booth, and number of volunteers that
      >will be manning the booth (6 maximum).
      >Since it seems to be very difficult to reach decisions (I believe I first
      >raised this question quite some time ago) and it is even harder to get
      >anything done by email, here is what I propose to do.
      >I will send in the form tomorrow listing myself as contact person. Kathryn
      >says we can use the TXSES name, since we are a chapter, and if we win again
      >she can deposit the check and add it to our account with them. I will
      >describe our activity as demonstration of solar and possibly other
      >renewable
      >energy devices or some such thing, and that we will have six volunteers
      >working in the booth. There is no mention of any entry fees and I don't
      >recall paying any last year.
      >If anyone has a problem with this please let me know ASAP, but not later
      >than
      >noon tomorrow. Sorry about the short notice. I thought we had until March
      >1st
      >but they are suddenly anxious to get it done right away.
      >Charlie Mauch

      >Learn more with SmartPlanet. It's a new way of learning online.
      >SmartPlanet offers hundreds of courses to take on your time,
      >in your space. Join for FREE today!

      >-- http://www.egroups.com/VoiceChatPage?listName=hreg&m=1

    • JOHN GARDNER
      Message 90 of 90 , Jan 20, 2006
        I have accepted to be at the Woodlands event on April 8.
        John Gardner

        Michael Ewert <mewert@...> wrote:
        Looking ahead to Earth Day, I’d like to get an idea how many of you will be willing to help staff an HREG booth at one event or other.  I’m sure we will have many opportunities and I don’t want to accept more than we can handle.  Please let me know if you would like to staff the specific request below or if you would like to sign up tentatively to staff another Earth Day event.  Most will be on Saturdays in April.  Please e-mail me at mewert@....  Thank you.