[hreg] Re: HREG Mission Statement

  • Michael Ewert
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2000
      Since there were no objections, we now have an official Mission
      Statement.

      Mission Statement:
      The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
      energy
      and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
      ecological,
      social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
      accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
      meetings,
      publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
      public,
      institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
      public
      and government awareness of its purpose.

      Houston Renewable Energy Group (HREG)

      Statement of Organization

      ARTICLE I – NAME

      The name of this organization shall be Houston Renewable Energy Group
      (HREG) - a chapter of the Texas Solar Energy Society (TXSES). The
      geographical boundaries of this organization shall be the city
      of Houston and its suburbs.

      ARTICLE II – PURPOSE

      The purpose of HREG shall be to further the development of renewable
      energy
      and related arts, sciences and technologies with concern for the
      ecological,
      social, and economic fabric of our community and state. This shall be
      accomplished through exchange of ideas and information by means of
      meetings,
      publications and public displays. HREG shall serve to inform the
      public,
      institutional and governmental bodies and seek to raise the level of
      public
      and government awareness of its purpose.

      ARTICLE III – MEMBERSHIP

      "Membership" shall be open to any person who shares the aims of HREG as
      set
      forth under Article II. The primary means of communication for the
      group is
      through the HREG eGroup, but those without access to e-mail are also
      welcome
      to participate. See www.egroups.com/list/hreg for more information or
      join.

      HREG is NOT a CHARTERED organization in and of itself. It has no dues.
      HREG is a recognized local "chapter" of the Texas Solar Energy Society
      (TXSES), which IS a chartered non-profit organization. HREG members are
      encouraged, but not required, to join TXSES. Local leaders are elected
      as
      required.

      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hreg/?start=119